As a self-employed mother of a young kid, I fully understand the importance of planning. My life is always busy but it has put me in a position where I can be able to plan what to do daily and weekly so that I can create enough time to spend with my son while still managing to operate my home-based business. I make sure I plan my days and weeks careful to create enough time for my family, health concerns and for my business. This in turn allows creating a path that is clear for me in maintaining a healthy balance between work and play. In this piece, I am going to give you reasons why a daily planner and weekly planning is paramount and most importantly I will also share with you the strategies that I have been using to achieve my goals.
The points below will demonstrate to you why a daily planner and weekly planning is essential to success
- A daily or weekly planner can be one method that will help to reduce stress quotient. With proper planning, you will experience peace of mind knowing that you have already formulated a feasible plan of actions towards achieving your set and attainable goals.
- A good plan will also work in a way that you will be able to create a contingency plan to work around obstacles, planning is a part of trying to foresee some challenges that you might face in future and try to create means of overcoming them.
- Planning is a way that helps you to evaluate your progress as you work towards achieving your set goals and objectives.A good planner will also help you to illustrate clearly whether you are staying on the schedule or not.
The following are a few tips that will help you in implementing your strategies in your planning to achieve your goals and objectives.
- The first step when creating your plan is to identify and outline your goals clearly at the beginning. Take a few minutes and put down your plan down in black and white. This is important because it will help you to make a plan that will succeed.
- Once you have a clear picture of what your goals are, it is time you brainstorm them on the tasks that you will be required to complete towards accomplishing your project. Create an order of all your tasks in a logical manner and assign each task an estimated completion time. Breaking down your tasks into goals is beneficial in that you will start scheduling your activities early enough.
- Next, at this point you will need to define the roles that you will be required to play and also the roles that will be fulfilled by others as well as who will assist you in the accomplishment of the defined tasks according to how they appear in your logical order. This is essential because you can be able to tell who will handle what tasks without redundancy and unnecessary confusion in between.
- Once you have come up with your goals lists and the tasks required, the people who will be involved and what each will be doing, it is finally the time to start off with your scheduling. While scheduling your tasks it is paramount to ensure that you come up with a daily and a weekly planner.
For overall success, you will find that the weekly planning is very important to manage to accomplish your projects. But the daily planning is the one that will help you to backtrack your progress and determine whether you are in line with your schedule or not. You can try out with a significant project milestone which has necessary components of your project and plans the accomplishment of those components on a daily and weekly basis. This is the only way that you can ensure that you come up with a plan that will work the best way for you in the future.
During the project process, you can keep evaluating your performance to determine whether you will need to adjust your schedule a bit according to what you see failing you as you backtrack. This is where daily planning comes in handy. Take a few minutes in the middle of the day and in the evening as you close the day and evaluate your performance and your progress, you can make adjustments as necessary according to how you see it.